The Peached Tortilla is looking to hire a Director of Catering. We are looking for a hospitality focused, hands-on leader, with a minimum of 2-3 years of catering management experience.
This position requires someone who has both extensive sales & operational experience, with an understanding of the kitchen’s role in a catering company. Applicants must be familiar with the following:
• how to build & structure quotes for clients;
• back end organization so the hand-off is clean from sales to the kitchen and operations team;
• catering at an operational level, including what it takes to prepare for an event and execute day of;
• the packing & loading process for events;
• production of an event day of, including cooking, staffing & executing on site;
• staffing for events and the amount of full staff & on-call staff to keep on board;
• organizational structure of the kitchen;
• flow of communication between sales, operations & the kitchen;
• leadership, company culture & employee development.
Job Description includes but is not limited to the following:
• Responsible for overseeing catering department as a whole, with each sub-department having it’s own lead (sales, operations, kitchen)
• Review events the week before to ensure that they are sold properly, and that both kitchen / operations are ready to execute those events.
• Assist in proper staffing for each sub-department; attend scheduling meetings.
• Maintain overall culture of catering department and handle any interpersonal conflicts.
• Hands on management of event execution on day of, including direction of staff by assisting operations & kitchen team.
• Attend sales meeting and offer direction in terms of client development, sales practices, quote building and overall sales goals / forecasts.
• Schedule & facilitate bi-annual reviews & negotiations.
Compensation: Extremely Competitive Salary Position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to eric@thepeachedtortilla to be considered.
Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for an interview.