Now hiring event manager at Springdale Station
Springdale Station is a wedding and event venue in East Austin. We are currently hiring a venue manager with the following job description:
– Meets with client one month prior to event to layout furniture plan, vendor details, timeline, etc.
– Schedules and attends all vendor walk throughs
– Corresponds with client via email and phone to finalize all details and timelines for the event
– Ensure all vendors (as required) for an event perform their jobs adequately
– Responsible for the execution of the venue’s policies/procedures, ensuring that all vendors and clients adhere to the venue’s rules regarding care of the walls, floors, furniture and setup and breakdown requirements
– Work a 10 hour management shift on site to directly oversee all events (usually between 2pm and midnight although the time of events vary)
– Create a list weekly of maintenance needs for venue owner
– Assist in managing cleaning and landscaping crews to ensure that the venue is always 100% clean and ready for events
We would like to hire someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of event planning or venue management, knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic catering/furniture layout is preferred.
We are looking for a venue manager who has a completely flexible schedule. The number of hours worked per week will fluctuate depending on the events booked. For example, one week the venue manager may work 10 hours and the next week, 40 hours. There is no set schedule, therefore we need a manager who is open to working any day and any time as needed. Most events take place in the evenings between the hours of 2pm and midnight, however we do host lunches and daytime events sometimes.
The average is 20 hours per week however we are not guaranteeing a minimum of hours worked. This job is best for someone who does other flexible contract labor and has a flexible and open schedule. We would also like to hire someone who lives nearby to facilitate vendor walk throughs and client meetings easily. The pay is $20 per hour.
Training starts with two shadow days on April 27th and May 3rd with the goal of the new venue manager managing events solo by May 7th.
To apply, please email your current CV and a statement about why you feel qualified and interested in the position to this listing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be holding interviews April 23rd through 26th.