Under general supervision, provide technical assistance in planning scheduled events in a public assembly/event facility.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as primary department contact with event client after contracting process is completed. Assists in scheduling and booking of events.
2. Conducts and coordinates pre-convention/event meetings to identify client’s expectations/needs.
3. Collects pre-convention/event information to ensure adequate space, personnel, equipment, etc. is available and to develop event work order. Coordinates exhibitions, trade shows, meetings etc.
4. Coordinates planning sessions with parking, security, maintenance, event services, and contracted divisions. Develops/draws diagrams for convention/event set-up. Reviews/inspects work to ensure facility is ready for use. Inspects to accept/reject set-up, equipment, materials, workmanship, etc.
5. Enforces rules/regulations concerning the use of facility and ensure adherence to contractual terms.
6. Confers with representatives of user organizations and contractors (i.e. clients, outside food and beverage, outside audio/visual and decorators).
7. Coordinates the facility/departmental operational services during events. Conducts and coordinate post-convention/event meetings to discuss any client concerns, issues, etc. that occur during the event.
8. Compiles data/information for cash reports, cost estimates, revenue estimates, etc.
9. Writes/drafts routine correspondence, informational reports.
10. Develops and makes presentations to clients, service providers and represent. facility/department as needed. Answers client/citizen questions and provide assistance.
Please see this link for the job description of an Event Coordinator: http://www.austintexas.gov/hr/jobdesc/jobrptdesc.cfm?codeid=7377&CFID=157091784&CFTOKEN=d81317b7aedb7451-F2BC60D9-EC02-4EB5-E6AC9255CE884A38
To apply email Taja.Beekley@austintexas.gov resume with cover letter for possible interview.