The special events industry has experienced phenomenal growth, it is more challenging than ever and requires an increasing level of professionalism. The CSEP designation sets professionals apart from the competition and indicates expertise in the preparation and execution of successful special events. Obtaining an Austin event planner certification will expand your network both locally and beyond.
The CSEP Program
Established in 1993, the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to performing all components of a special event. This program was developed to:
- Increase the proficiency of event professionals
- Elevate industry standards and practices
- Establish the level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Promote the advancement of the special events industry
- Advance the careers of practitioners
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of the products and services they provide
The CSEP continues a remarkable progression as world wide recognition of the special events industry continues to develop. Now more than ever before, professionals within the industry recognize the CSEP to be an influential designation for the education and the promotion of professional ethics and standards.
Being a recipient of the CSEP designation demonstrates a continuous dedication to enhance individual and professional performance. The CSEP designation offers a competitive advantage when soliciting business as either a special events industry supplier or planner. It represents proof of your professional market knowledge.
CSEP benefits include:
- Competitive Marketing Advantage: The CSEP designation is the only certification within the meetings/incentives/conventions/expositions (MICE) industry that signifies knowledge in all facets of the special events industry. It conveys credibility and a competitive edge when marketing or soliciting business.
- Professional Development: CSEP designees gain advanced, market-relevant events industry expertise indicating to stakeholders a career-long commitment to personal and professional development
- Networking Opportunities: Internationally recognized CSEPs are connected to an elite global community of other highly motivated career professionals who are dedicated to promoting industry standards and professionalism.
- Recognition: CSEPs utilize the designation as an authoritative indicator after their name and for promotion on corporate or personal communications demonstrating commitment, experience, knowledge, expertise and professionalism in a constantly evolving and increasingly competitive industry.
- Increased exposure: Acknowledged as a prestigious international designation of professional achievement in the events industry, the CSEP distinguishes designees as knowledgeable specialists and experienced practitioners.
- Improve Performance: Preparation for and maintenance of the CSEP designation increases special events industry knowledge, removing performance uncertainty for clients while opening market opportunities those who carry the certification.
*A recent survey from the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) reports that more than half of certification and licensures professionals said that those certified in their industry received higher compensation than those who were not.
To qualify as a candidate for the CSEP exam, one must have a minimum of three (3) years of full-time professional employment in the special events industry. Documentation of work experience is required.
Dates and Deadlines
|Exam Window||Application and Fee Due Date|
|January 15-30||December 1st|
|April 15-30||March 1st|
|July 15-30||June 1st|
|October 15-30||September 1st|
For more details, check out the ILEA International website.